How to set up and use Exodus
This article will walk you through how to set up and use Exodus, one of the most common cryptocurrency wallets. Exodus supports 100+ assets including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and XRP, making it a great option if you're getting started in the exciting world of crypto.
To learn more about Exodus, how it works and how to keep your funds safe, check out our full wallet review here.
Setting up Exodus on your desktop/ mobile
Download Exodus on your desktop
Exodus does not require any customer information on signup. All data is encrypted and then stored on your device, if you download Exodus on different devices, they will be different wallets unless you sync them.
Download Exodus on your mobile
Exodus is available for your iPhone and Android devices. You can download it from this site.
Backing up your wallet (essential)
This is an essential step in the setup process, do not skip this. If you were to lose access to your device or Exodus wallet, your backup is the only way you can access your funds.
The backup process requires two steps:
- Creating a strong password to your wallet
- Writing down your 12-word recovery phrase
- You need to keep this safe because if someone else has access to this phrase, they will be able to access your funds. I would recommend that you write this down on a piece of paper and store it in a secure location.
Click here for the full guide on how to backup your Exodus wallet. Make sure you read this and follow each step.
How to send/ receive crypto using Exodus
To receive crypto to your Exodus wallet, check out this guide.
To send crypto from your Exodus wallet, check out this guide.
Security tips and tricks
- Anyone can access your crypto if they have your recovery phrase. Never share your recovery phrase with anyone and store it in a safe location. This means do not take a photo of it, do not store it on your computer, and do not store it in the cloud.
- Exodus does not and will not ever store your private keys.
- If you receive a message from someone who claims to work for Exodus, do not click on any links. We often see phishing scams, and if you’re ever unsure, just reach out to us, we’re always happy to confirm.
- You take full responsibility for handling your funds in Exodus.
This is general information only and is not intended to be advice. Please do your own research. The user assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of third party services to store crypto currencies or virtual assets. Ensure that you do your own research before using any service, and are aware of the risks involved.
Easy Crypto will not be liable for any damages caused by the use of a wallet or exchange provider.