Last update: 4 March 2022
Privacy is pretty freaking important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the law, and more generally to make sure that we are doing the right thing by you.
Updates: We may update this policy at any time by posting an updated version on our website. The updated version will take effect immediately once posted. We may also take some further steps to bring the changes to your attention, including by notifying you directly.
Who are we
Your information is collected and held by EC Global Limited and its subsidiaries, including EC Systems Limited and ECNZ Limited (‘EC’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’).
Our registered address is Suite 10529, Level 1, 6 Johnsonville Road, Johnsonville Wellington 6037. You can contact us by using the contact form available at https://easycrypto.com/nz/help.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you such as:
- Contact details, such as name, email, phone number, address;
- Application details such as date of birth, photo ID, source of funds, banking details, tax details, account preferences, reason and/or intent of purchase and your cryptocurrency wallet addresses;
- Device details, such as IP address, device information, operating system, web log information, cookie information;
- Engagement details: details of any engagements you have with us, including enquiries, feedback (eg by completing a form on our website) and other communications you have with us. This includes recording any phone conversations for quality control (making sure our staff are giving the right information) or dispute resolution (having a record of who said what);
- Marketing: details of your marketing preferences.
You don’t have to provide us with any information we request. However, if you don’t, we may not be able to provide you with certain information or services.
How do we collect your information?
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect from third parties (eg service providers that help us to verify your identity, or make or receive payments from you, or to provide marketing services). We may also collect information from publicly available sources.
We may also collect information through cookies on our website. See the ‘Some information on cookies and other technologies’ heading below for more detail.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services and manage your account with us. This includes using your information to process transactions, email you a notice or receipt of your transaction or troubleshoot a problem;
- To prevent or investigate illegal or potentially illegal activities;
- To help improve our customer support, like training, and resolve disputes;
- To test, research, analyse and develop our service to make it better, safer and easier to use; and
- To promote Easy Crypto and send you other things we think you’ll like or think would be relevant for you. This includes content about our service or the services of our business partners.
Who can we share your information with and for what purposes?
We may share your information with the following:
- Companies within the Easy Crypto group;
- Third parties that help us carry out the service (eg to verify your identity, complete payments like banks);
- Third parties to help prevent or investigate illegal or potentially illegal activities;
- SaaS providers that we use to provide our service and cloud storage partners;
- Providers to help us market to you directly e.g. Google and Facebook. (We never ever EVER give your information to third parties so that they can market directly to you but we may need to send it to other providers like Google to help facilitate our own marketing, unless we get your express consent to do so;
- Data analytics or research partners (but usually this information will be aggregated, with identifiable characteristics removed so you remain anonymous);
- Third parties to help us enhance the safety and security of the service;
- Where required, to regulators (eg for tax purposes) or enforcement/government agencies;
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets;
- Our consultants, lawyers, accountance, insurers and other professional advisers; and
- Any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Some of these third parties are located outside of New Zealand and may not be subject to New Zealand privacy laws. However, we’ll take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to confirm those parties are required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under the Privacy Act.
How can you check, update or change the information we are holding?
Send us an email through to our helpdesk, using the Contact Form on our website available at https://easycrypto.com/nz/help, to let us know if you want to view, amend or delete any personal information we hold about you. There’s no charge for this.
In some cases, to ensure security and integrity of the platform, or to comply with the law, we may still be required to maintain historical personal information you have submitted to us. In some limited cases, we may need to refuse access to your information or refuse a request for correction. We will advise you as soon as possible after your request if this is the case and the reasons for our refusal.
Some information on cookies and other technologies
Cookies and other similar technology are used to remember your browser or device during and between website visits. We can use this technology to do things, such as remember your preferences and settings, improve security, analyse traffic and trends, and measure the effectiveness and popularity of features or marketing. Cookies can be disabled via your web browser, however doing so may limit your access to some of our website’s content and features.
This technology is linked to your browser or device and doesn’t usually identify you, It usually includes your device type, date and time of use, referring website, IP address and advertising identifiers.
We can send or show you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that may be of interest to you once you’ve left our website. We may advertise to you in this way through certain advertising platforms such as Google Market Platform or Facebook. If you opt out of tailored remarketing, we won’t use your personal information for remarketing, but you may still see similar ads based on your browsing history, non-personal cookie data or other anonymous information. You can further contract out of what ads of ours you see off-site in various ways, including through Google’s Ad Settings, through your Facebook Advert setting or through your browser settings.
If you have concerns that we have not met our obligations to you as required by the Privacy Act, you may contact us and make a complaint using our Contact us form.
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at:
Email: [email protected]