What is POLi and is it safe?
What is POLI?
Poli is an instant payment service that uses your standard online banking account to make payments to any of the partnered banks - instantly.
Why do you charge extra for POLI?
POLI costs us quite a bit of money compared to the other options so we have to charge extra for this one. But don't worry - we have other completely free payment options, so you don't need to use POLI unless you want to.
NZ banks that Poli works with include:
- Bank of New Zealand
- TSB Bank
Australian banks that Poli works with include:
- Bank of Melbourne
- Bendigo Bank
- Commonwealth Bank
- IMB Building Society
- ME Bank
- Newcastle Permanent
- People's Choice Credit Union
- St. George Bank
Is it safe?
Poli is trusted by thousands of businesses around the globe, and it works 24/7, 365 days a year.
The banks frequently put out negative commentary in the media about POLi.
- POLi has been around for over a decade, and has not once had any security breaches - there is NO evidence at all, that POLi presents a risk.
- POLi has issued an open invitation to the banks to audit its security policies, and in the past when they have been audited, there have been no issues found.
- The banks have been instructed by the government to put in place mechanisms by which companies like POLi can legitimately access the banking systems, with the bank's permissions (this is called "open banking"). The government has been asking for this for years the banks have still not made any noticeable progress towards opening up their systems to other providers.
Here is a preview of some of their partners, and you can see their website here.
This is how it's possible to pay for a buy order with us and have your crypto sent to your wallet within 2 minutes. To see a short video of who POLi is and how they work in New Zealand, click here.How to use Poli?
1. From the Select payment method screen, select POLi Pay.
2. Confirm that you are paying from a personal account in your name.
If you are paying from a Company, Trust, or someone else's account, we will not be able to process your order.
3. Review your order and click Pay with POLi Pay.
4. Select your bank and click Continue.
5. Insert your online banking account and password then click Log on.
6. Select the account you want to send your NZD from then click Confirm.
7. Click Confirm to complete the payment.